Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) 2020, the city’s annual summer shopping extravaganza, commenced on 9th July and is offering huge retail discounts on a range of products. Now over 100 jewellery shops have also launched promotions, according to an announcement by the Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group (DGJG). The new promotional campaign, in which several well-known jewellery brands are taking part, will run until 8th August 2020.
DGJG has launched six DSS deals, including:
- Twin deal – ‘Buy One, Get One Free’ on selected diamond and pearl jewellery brands
- More for less – Discounts of up to 75 percent on making charges of selected fine gold and precious jewellery collections
- Gold for gold – Zero making charges on 18, 21 and 22 karat gold jewellery at participating outlets
- Golden discount – Up to 75 percent discount on diamond and pearl jewellery collections
- Golden goodies – Free precious jewellery on the purchase of diamond and precious jewellery, with minimum spend of AED 1,000 at some outlets
- Big Eid hamper – Prize for one lucky shopper
Talking about the campaign, Chairman DGJG, Tawhid Abdullah said, “There is no better way to add more joy to our buyers than offering massive savings on their much-adored purchase of jewellery items. Most customers stayed away from shopping for a good reason in the last few months, and now that they are back in a safe retail environment, it is important that we offer them more than just jewellery. Even though precious jewellery by itself is a saving investment, as a group we imagine that adding it with ‘mega saving opportunities’ on every jewellery purchase is going to be a major support for the residents and tourists.”
Some of the jewellery brands participating in these promotions include Malabar Gold & Diamonds, Al Ansari Gold & Diamonds, Kashyap Jewellers and Meena Jewellers, among others.