Have a look at the Advisory from The DHA if you plan on traveling out of Dubai this summer.
It is summertime. And summertime is synonymous with traveling abroad to some exotic places or going back to home country to see the loved ones. During this peak traveling season, The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) recently has issued some pre and post-travel advisory so that the UAE-ites can travel without having to worry about safety and security amidst the pandemic. Although the UAE has been dealing with the pandemic impressively, the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) still urges the general public to make note of traveling safely.
Hence, DHA has issued some tips for healthy travel during the COVID-19 pandemic before during, and after travel.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Traveling:
- Make sure you get both doses of COVID before heading to your destination. The residents should Preferably be vaccinated two weeks prior to traveling.
- Choose a lower-risk destination.
- Book an appointment at the Traveler’s Clinic to know all the risks you may face at your chosen destination. These include any infectious disease, health system, security level, climate issues, rates of Covid-19, sanitary conditions, and others.
- Stay updated with all the regulations and procedures of the country and the country of destination (a quick google search is all it takes)
- If you have any medical condition, consult your physician to evaluate your health.
- Choose a hotel that applies all the precautionary measures
- Keep sufficient stock of hand sanitisers, masks, etc. on hand (follow the new norm)
During The Travel:
- Wear your mask correctly at all times.
- Follow all precautionary measures in public areas.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth without washing your hands.
- Wash your hands or sanitise them frequently — especially after touching surfaces and common areas.
- Do not share items and personal tools with others.
- Do not share food with others and do not eat food from street vendors.
- Use a contactless payment mode as much as possible.
- Upon arrival at your stay facility, make sure they adhere to all the precautionary measures.
- Isolate yourself and get medical support if you get a fever or respiratory symptoms.
Here Is Why A Day Trip To KhorFakkan,Sharjah Should Be On Your Go-To List ASAP
- Stay updated with all the regulations and procedures regarding Covid-related tests and quarantine.
- If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms after arrival, isolate yourself and do a PCR test.
- Be careful when dealing with people who are not vaccinated or are from high-risk category groups.
- If you develop any symptom or know that you were in contact with any positive case, isolate yourself and inform your work.
See, each activity is a potential COVID risk and traveling is definitely one of them. Let’s, be a more responsible citizens and follow these cautionary to stay safe and protected.
Dubai Health Authority (@dha_dubai) • Instagram photos and videos